Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The other day I found a comment from a user who could not run their favorite game. Argued that it met all requirements of hardware, and that the program will send an error: "I do not know what happens when I try to install it, I said I need a 3.2 GHz processor and I boot ... I am doing with all that : I have an Intel DualCore 2.2 GHz and I have no idea what the problem is supposed to be the two nuclei, the real speed of my processor is 4.4 GHz do not understand why I get this error ... " he said.

Appellant is to be sold a false idea about the true speed of the dual-core processors. Surely they have seen some legend that reads something like:

IS SUPER FAST: A 5.2 GHz (ITS A 2.6 GHz Dual Core)


There is nothing more false assertion that (well, there is something else: a state that is a DualCore Core 2 Duo). The actual speed of the processor is, as indicated in their specifications, the speed of the cores. For example, descriptions or laptop processors, are commonly found in the "speed", the legend: "2 x 1.6 GHz, or 2.6 GHz X2." That does not mean that the speed is 1.6 or 2.6 multiplied by 2, but is a dual core running at 1.6 or 2.6 GHz

However, many vivales exploit the ignorance of many of us, and we sell the idea that the speed is 1.6 or 2.6 GHz added: That is false and wrong.

Programs based on 32 bits (which are almost all the most popular and used), only have the ability to use one of the two nuclei, NEVER BOTH. Therefore, the speed at which this process is completed, is due to the speed of the core. Some programs allow multithreaded 64-bit, so their ability to IF THE SPEED OF together two cores, taking advantage of the DUAL PERFORMANCE FOR BETTER RESPONSE.

So do not fall into the trap: if you buy a dual-core processor does not mean it is twice as fast, but both processes can be made at the same time, or you can run a multithreaded application applicant without any problem.

Luck on their purchases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment